12 March 2008

Turning a new leaf.

Today I'm going to the doctor to discuss the possibility of a possibly post-partum thyroid issue and to talk about weight loss. The post-baby weight just isn't coming off, and I'm starting to get legitimately depressed. Who I'm becoming it's who I really am. I'm a happy person, and I can't let this control me. This morning I got up at 5:45 and went out for a very short run. I did about 7 blocks, but the wind was so incredibly cold that I was starting to get nauseous. I'll try it again tomorrow. Either way, I was up and out the door and moving.
My biggest accomplishment this morning was breakfast. I had a bowl of Kix and was still hungry. I pulled out a box of doughnuts and thought better of it, and put them back. That was probably the most difficult decision I'll make all day. My dependency on sugar is what's stopping the weight loss, and I HAVE to kick it. I'm really proud of myself for that little step this morning. One step at a time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,

Keep up the great work! Just take it one day at a time. You look great too. Your body won't ever go back to "what it was". Having a baby changes things a bit. You have a wonderful attitude and once the skies clear and you get nice Spring weather you'll get to take Lucy for walks more too.

We miss you all and can't wait to see you again.

Love,
Tammy

Anonymous said...

I'm not a mom, so I don't know how busy your mornings are, but if you get frozen berries, 1 tsp of brown sugar and mix it into oatmeal being cooked on the stove...it's really surprisingly sweet and healthy! Good luck!
Sarah Jane