02 April 2008

Beyond POOPED.

Today has been one of the longest days of my life. Oh my GOSH am I tired...

We did not get the house. Onward and upward.

Lucy woke up at 6am and was very ready to go. The thought of the entire day looming before me was enough to send me into tears as Andrew was leaving. I am just so tired and beyond reasonable frustration. It's very hard living far away from family. I've never had the opportunity to just drop Lucy at Grandma's and take the afternoon off, and not having people in the area to "take advantage of" can wear on you after awhile. With Andrew in class twice a week and at the lab one night a week, Lucy and I are putting in some lonely 16 hour days! How bad do we want to see some warm weather up here?!?!
So, the day started off on the wrong foot. Lucy was very happy before her nap, but she's just now getting over her cold and is still a tad crabby. So we suffered through breakfast and she went down for a 40 minute nap. Not nearly long enough. When she woke up, I decided that staying in the house wouldn't do any good, so we headed outside to do a little spending. I have been budgeting and saving like crazy, so spending some money felt very freeing! We bought some new clothes, a diaper stacker, a book for Lucy and some other random things, and then made a quick trip to the grocery store. When we got home, Lucy refused to take a nap and broke my cell phone. So....long day.
Tomorrow we're heading out early to check out a kiddie center near Andrew's office. We're both thinking that a little time a couple days a week for me to do laundry, exercise, clean and do some Laura stuff uninterrupted might make things a little easier around here. Lucy LOVES other kids and loves to meet people, so I think we're going to take advantage of that. Daddy can drop her off on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and I can pick her up in the early afternoon. It would be REALLY great if Andrew and I could get a standing lunch date in for Tuesdays before I picked her up!
After we meet the kiddies, we're going to head home for a nap and lunch and all that. After that, we're heading back out to go walking with the gals and to pick up new cell phones! Andrew has to fax our cancellation in to Verizon first thing in the morning, and then I'm going to pick up prepaid phone for emergencies. We're going to switch to a landline phone for the house, since I spend most of my time here and use most of my cell phone minutes on doctors and talking to Mom. We're also cancelling our cable and bundling our internet with Verizon's phone service to save some money. TV just zaps your mind anyway, right? So, tomorrow will be a bit busy!

No comments: