15 April 2008

Gonna make this quick!

Well, it's almost 11 and Mama needs a shower!
House Update: The utilities will be turned on this week and roof repairs will be made before Saturday's inspection. Tomorrow we'll begin our mortgage work and today I settled some stuff with our insurance agency. We also signed our final contract tonight, so we're happy to have that done and ready for closing. Now we just pray for smooth sailing this Saturday!
Andrew Update: My husband is such a wonderful guy. He works so incredibly hard to provide for us and I'm so proud of him! He's doing homework right now, but I know he's exhausted and just wants to collapse. This MBA work is just killing him, but he's really trying his hardest to get through it. I know it's heartbreaking to leave Lucy and I every day and hope he gets to see us for dinner. We'll both be so relieved when the summer comes and we can just relax! I might even slow down the business for the summer so that we can truly concentrate on our family and our home and nothing else!
Lucy Update: She's sleeping right now and continues to be a huge joy. She's just so cute! Words are just starting to tumble out of her little mouth and it's just amazing! Tonight she was trying to say "Girl," and I was so proud of her! She was tearing around the house like a maniac tonight and enjoyed a little naked time, which ended abruptly when she had a little accident on Aunt Suz's foot. THAT was funny. Well, Lucy and I thought it was funny.
Lucy's walking about 100% of the time now, and she's starting to work on a bit of a run/jog. She can really get moving! One of our favorite things to do is put on our walking shoes and walk up and down Main Street until our legs wear out. Lucy holds on to my finger and just waves at the cars and screams at the people we pass. About 3 times a week, we stand on the corner and watch for Daddy to drive up to the light so that we can wave to him. Lucy thinks waiting for Dad is the absolute most fun she can have. When I hear him shut the door downstairs, I'll say, "Lucy, who's here??" and she responds with, "Dad? Dad! Dad! Dad!"
I can't believe we have less than a month until her first birthday! I can still feel those little phantom kicks inside me as I fall asleep at night, and I can still feel my pregnancy like it was yesterday. Where has the year gone? Lucy has gone from a very helpless infant to a very opinionated redhead so quickly! She reminds me of Grandma Maggie - is that weird? She's just such an outspoken girl and really likes to get a reaction from her Daddy and I. I can't wait until she can tell us what's on her mind!
And here is what's on my mind: I need to shave my legs. Goodnight, Frostburg.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting the house! The pics look great. The kids are so excited that Lucy is talking - they can't wait to see her again. Tell Andrew I understand about the Masters...I start mine next week. I know it must be done, but ugh!
Have fun picking out paint and such. I love sprucing up a new home!!
Brooke and all