16 April 2008

A very girly day!

Lucy and I got all dolled up this morning in our dresses and skirts and made a trip to Lowe's to look at paint samples and appliances! We had so much fun!

House Update: Our mortgage guy is working on our paperwork now. He's going to do a USDA loan, which is nice. AND, the interest rates are going up this afternoon so he is getting it all done today to lock us in at a lower rate. What a peach!
Lucy and I drove by the house today and the roof is all done! I'm so glad everyone is staying on the ball! Now we just have to pass the inspection!
Things I am thankful for about buying a house:

  • Having my own washer and dryer!!!
  • Not having to walk up ANY stairs to carry the groceries in.
  • We'll have a bathtub and I will take long, luxurious baths and read trashy magazines without guilt.
  • I don't have to track my landlord down EVER again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you. It's 74 degrees in Tullahoma TN!

Hope it's as sunny in Frostburg.

Love you.

Husband/Dad.

Anonymous said...

Laura and Andrew,

It is nice being a homeowner and yes, you will be your own "landlord"...that is where you start the Honey Do List. You dad is awesome at that. Never complains. What a great guy!!!

Keep us updated.

Congrats again.

Love,
Tammy
Give Lucy a hug and kiss from her grandma and grandpa, & aunties too!

Jenny said...

I am SO, SO happy for you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Andrew is in TN?
Love all the things you list about getting the house. Even the long, enjoyable baths (now, how does a Mom of a toddler find time for that!). I'm not too sure about the trashy magazines! How about candles and aromatic stuff instead. (we once saw candles all around one of the pools at Olympic Hot Springs. Hmmm....
Hope everything continues to work out on the house. Great photo of Lucy in her "all-together". Love the shoes!
Love you guys.
Grandma Susie

Bonnie said...

Now instead of tracking down the landlord, you can track down your husband! LOL!

Jenny said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!