15 April 2008

We got the house!!

We couldn't be more excited! Our offer was accepted at $10k below asking price, which is currently $30k below the original asking price. The new house is a 4 bedroom, 2 bath Cape Cod in Frostburg. It overlooks the entire city and has lots of room to grow. It has a full, unfinished basement, so we'll be able to add another couple of bedrooms and a rec room and a workshop as needed. We have the structural inspection this Saturday at 9am and I'm very nervous, of course!
My favorite part of the house - the house was built in 1942 and almost all of the fixtures and woodwork are original. The hardwood floors are just beautiful and the woodwork is amazing! I love this chandelier- so old and gaudy! It's definitely staying!


Th living room, dining room, bathroom door. Also on this floor are 2 bedrooms.

The view! This is about half of the view. I love it so much, because when I look out the windows, I can see all the places that have meant so much to Andrew since the first day we met. I can even see as far as the huge oak tree we used to sit under on sunny days and nap the afternoons away, in those first months that we were falling in love. I can see the pizza shop where we spend warm summer nights. I can see up the hill I walked over and over, waiting for Lucy. I can see Old Main, the oldest building on campus. I can see the building Andrew lived in when we met, and I can see the whole town that charms us so much.

We're so happy! We have a lot of painting to do and we have to survive the structural, but if this is where God wants us, He'll make it happen.

3 comments:

Kandi said...

Oh how exciting! I hope everything works out. I'll be praying for you. The house is gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura and Andrew....

It looks like a great family home. The view is beautiful! It will be perfect for Lucy to grow up in that home...it seems so warm and waiting for your family.

Keeping fingers, toes, and anything else crossed for you.

Keep us updated.

Love,
Tammy
Give Lucy a hug and kiss from her PA Grandma and Grandpa.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS, everyone. We are so happy for you. Now you will have your own place to work on and watch change to suit you.
The house looks sturdy and well-cared for. Hopefully, nothing immediate for you to have to work on. This is a nice time of year to get a house. Warm weather, and all.
Have fun, and we will look forward to more pictures as time goes by.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa H.