19 August 2009

Are You Kidding Me?

What a little booger.

Today I decided that although I love sleeping with my youngest little sweetie, it's time to take back the bed and put her in her own crib. Let me preface this by saying that Molly has yet to sleep a full night in her own bed, period. Lucy never slept with us, but was up all night. Molly sleeps right at my side, all night long. So it's really not a matter of "if she can do it" because I know for a fact that she's not really eating at night anymore.
So tonight Lucy and I put on our game faces and started Molly on the Great Sleep Routine. We washed her, lotioned her, fed her and pacified her, preparing for a big, bad battle. I nursed her for a few minutes in her room and put her in her bed and walked out, shutting the door behind me. With little more than a moan and a couple of squeaks, she's in there, presumably trying to settle down and sleep alone. Every other time I've put her in a bed by herself, she comes unglued. Tonight, she pulls a Classic Lucy and lies through her gums about what a piece of cake this is going to be. Lucy did this at exactly the same age, leaving me to think it was going to be smooth sailing. I know better this time, Molly Rose.
I'll keep you updated.

Poppers chewing on her first crust of pizza, Chicago O'Hare Airport Gate c29, yesterday.

No comments: