11 August 2009

Evening on the Farm

Last night a hot and sunny night, so Andrew took the girls out to watch some of the farm activity. The farm family is up this week to work on various projects and get the hay baled, so we've been having lots of fun meeting new people and watching all the goings-on.
I love this picture of Molly. Andrew's Aunt Mary was kind enough to ask around to see who needed some baby things, and we ended up with this awesome like-new Kelty Kids backpack! Our backpack is 11 years old and Molly is kid #5 to use it, so a new pack was a huge blessing for us. I've been eyeing these packs since before Lucy was born and I just never had the extra money lying around to buy one. Molly loves it and it will be SO nice for the our busy summer and fall ahead! It was really an answer to my prayers!

Walking the newly-cut field!

Our little patch of berries behind the barn.

Lucy loves to bring wildflowers in from the field and I love Queen Anne's Lace, so it's a good combination. It might be my second favorite flower behind hydrangeas. It's even prettier when a little red-haired cherub thrusts it into your hand and shouts, "We finded you fowows, Mommy!"

1 comment: