20 May 2011

Babies are boring.

My mama is here and I'm not blogging, obviously. The good news is, the first few weeks of newborn life are really nothing to yak about. They poop, they eat, they cry, they poop, they eat, they cry. The pictures mostly look the same, tired mama, tired daddy, poopy baby. Andrew and I are definitely bleary-eyed and zombie-like, but we know that we're getting closer to getting into a routine and getting back to normal.

My recovery is going very, very slow, compared to the last two babies. I'm still in a decent amount of pain, my incision  is still not healing well, and I'm still just exhausted and "off." Most of you know me in real life and know that my energy is boundless. Not having my usual bounce is really difficult for me, because I just don't feel like myself. My attitude is good, but I just miss the physical activity and being able to go and go and go. I'm having a hard time choosing between activities and trying to limit our events and "doing," which really frustrates me to no end.

In other news, Claire is nursing approximately 22 hours a day. She's hitting her two week growth spurt and is nursing constantly to bump up my supply, so we're spending a LOT of time together right now. I'm sore and tired of pulling up my shirt 15 times a day, but we're managing.

Lucy's big birthday bash is TOMORROW! I must have been crazy, thinking we could pull off a Pinkalicious party two and a half weeks after delivery, but we're determined to show our sweet girl a great day! Thank goodness I have lots of people in the house who are so willing to follow my delegation. I'm especially grateful for my brothers, who have nice, young, pink lungs to blow up all of those balloons in the morning. We've rented a bouncy house for the occasion and will be grilling, beating a pinata and getting the children of our dearest friends jacked up on obscene amounts of sugar. Looks to be positively Rapturous! I'll post a nice, big juicy picture post tomorrow night, so stay tuned!

Claire says, "Please tell me you didn't hear that poop!" 

1 comment:

Courage8 said...

Wish you felt better! I'm looking forward to photos of the Pinkalicious bash - live, on location, with the original cast! Hope you feel better soon. Claire's trying to help!