05 May 2011

Let me count the ways...

I really hope that it's just my hormones that are skewing things. I'm sure I didn't call for pain meds two hours ago. Probably a dream. And I'm betting that Kathy D wasn't in here 5 minutes ago snapping at me about the fact that I can call the nursery and put the phone back myself since she "knows" I'm walking. Oh Kathy D...what a treat. I'm almost wishing I'd stuck with the loud, obnoxious male nurse from earlier. I don't know if it's night nurses in general, or just this particular hospital, but asking them to help me stay on top of the pain was definitely a foreign concept because I've pretty much had to beg for anything they've given me. This has been, by far, the worst hospital experience I've ever had. I wish Andrew were here tonight, but it's so important to Lucy that he be at home - she seemed a little clingy yesterday, so I gladly gave him up.
5 more hours of Kathy D. Christmas really did come early this year, didn't it? Thank goodness I didn't land myself in the hospital for anything before now - this place is really something...

No comments: