08 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

What a wonderful day to celebrate a wonderful Mama! It was so great to have her here for Claire's birth, even if it was only about 24 hours - just long enough to go out for dinner, do a little shopping, get through a surgery and cuddle a baby. She'll be back in a week for more bonding and we can't wait. The girls can't wait to get Mimi back for a week of fun!

My mom is my best friend, #1 on my speed dial, my laughing buddy and the first person I turn to when things feel all wrong. She's the model for my own mothering, and sets the examples I use every day. Her faith and love are evident in everything she does, and her selfless parenting over so many years turned me into the person I am today. When people say to me, "Your girls are so GOOD!" I think, well, that's exactly the way my mother would have done it...

Happy Mother's Day to the mom I'm so proud to call mine! I love you!

No comments: