29 May 2011

My 29th year...

...starts tomorrow.

Last year was difficult. I lost more than I was prepared for.
I lost Grandma Susie, which wasn't supposed to happen.
I lost my waistline, which was supposed to happen.
I lost a child and found peace in the Divine Mercy.
I lost a parent, but looking back I'm pretty sure that parent was never really mine to lose.
I lost my watch. Ugh.

But it was a year of finding.

I found a new watch. Win!
I found myself expecting a tiny Faustina. The perfect picture of God's great mercy.
I found friends in Texas, who have given me gifts beyond measure.
I found the strength to sit through a funeral I never really thought I could attend, with the help of my friends and a sweet two year old who has her Grandma Susie's zest for fun.
I found my marriage growing in grace and humility, as it usually does when another child enters the picture.
I found that my life is a huge occasion for growth and renewal in so many ways, and I know that 28 will bring just as much joy as 27.

No comments: