06 May 2011

Magic Baby

We're home. We were discharged around 1:30 yesterday and rushed straight over to Walmart for prescriptions and things we hadn't counted on needing. (Which is exactly where everyone is right now, as well. Breast pumps, this and that, food, jet dry, things I usually take care of that Kasie is deftly handling for the entire family.)

Claire is so perfect. I hope to be a mother to many someday, but today I'm a mother to three. Lucy, Molly and Sweet Claire. Claire is loud and active. She's Molly times 12. She's got a tiny little head, dreamy big eyes and a very tiny, very strong body. This sure isn't my first baby, but you'd never know it. I hope that every baby always feels like my first. She smells like acetone and fresh skin. and she's so perfectly pink and soft.

Nursing is going well - she's not the old soul that Molly was at this point, nursing contendtedly and skillfully, but she's strong and determined. She just keeps trying and is improving her latch every time she makes the attempt. Our first night at home was quiet, peaceful and restful. I had to wake her to eat each time, and she went straight back to sleep without a peep after each little snack. My milk came in overnight and I'm in great pain, but Claire is happy and hungry! Her little baby burps and multiple diapers are a good sign that nursing is taking off without a hitch.

We were able to speak with my OB yesterday before we left the hospital and he said that my surgery was perfect. My uterus looks great and he gave us the go-ahead for "4 or 5 more." Ha! While I appreciate room for more pregnancies, we're very happy where we are right now. Claire may be a big sister in a few years, but we're just so excited to be able to look forward to a few years of enjoying these crazy girls!

Lucy and Mo are really having fun with Auntie Kasie; she's keeping them very busy! Molly has picked up, "Go to bed, Fred!" and repeats it all day long - it's definitely keeping us laughing! She and Aunt Kasie went out to explore the shopping, and Lucy took off with Daddy to look for oil-changing supplies for the van. I'm going to try to squeeze a nap in before everyone returns!

My drugs have kicked in once again, and it looks like I'm going to drop this computer on the floor if I don't sign off and finish this later! Here's a picture of Lucy with her new baby. She's just loving the freedom she has to mother this one, and has been spending most of her time just holding Claire and staring at her new sister. As you can see, Claire is just spreading the bliss all over the place!

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

WOW That picture is cute... looks like you figured out the BEST birthday present you could give Lucy! :) Adorable!! So glad she is nursing well and of course she is spreading joy everywhere. Give my lil Claire Bear a hug for me. it's killing me not to be there!! Love you all so much!