03 October 2007

And another thing.

I don't like my landlord.
Suz and I were outside the other day taking pics of the t-shirts in natural light, and our neighbor, whom I really don't know at all, was standing outside. She said, "Uh, I'm locked out, and I think your key might work in my door. Would it be too much trouble to ask you to see if you can let me in?"
I was like, "Ooooookayyyyy crazy girl! Whatever!"

They worked. So if my keys work in her door....her keys must work in mine!

Yeah, we've been out of town almost every weekend for 3 months. Excellent. I call my landlord. His response? "That should be able to happen..." Thanks.

Apparently he called the locksmith sometime yesterday, and is really taking his sweet time with this one...I'll be buying a new doorknob today if I don't hear from him. I'll also be subtracting that price from our rent. I might also write him a note about the dangers of giving all of your tenants the same key. Idiot. I was going to tell him about the leaky shower and how wrong the plumber was, but now I really don't care if the whole bathroom falls through.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go, girl! I can't imagine why you and your neighbor have the same key. And it sounds like she knew it all the time. Huh, what's up, anyway??
Sort of scarey, actually.
Knowing you guys, you'll have everything taken care of in no time.....as it should be.
Love you all,
Grandma Susie