15 October 2007

Just uploading videos and relaxing!

Lucy just went down for her morning nap, so I'm taking a little time to relax and have some quiet time! We had a very busy weekend with the family up, and had a big day yesterday watching football at the Langs, so Lu and I are having a very quiet fall day! I think we're going to head to the grocery store later to pick up some stuff to make pumpkin bread- I mentioned it yesterday and Andrew's ears perked up, and it would be a good thing to have in the house for breakfast!

We had a "State of Our Union" meeting last night. It went VERY well. We were long overdue to discuss the budget and the rest of the year, and I think we made some major progress. There are just areas of a marriage that should be approached in a very business-like manner, and money is one of them. We decided that the only way to stop using the credit card for "little things" is to get rid of it. So we cut up our cards. Sometimes you just have to do the hard thing! We really don't have much to worry about there right now, but it tends to snowball, and before you know it, you have a big balance and you have no idea where it came from. So we nipped it in the bud and decided to make it harder on ourselves. That felt good.

Lucy slept like an angel last night, so I'm hoping we're going to ease into a nice quiet week. We shall see!

1 comment:

Kandi said...

I love all things pumpkin.. I bought one to bake so I could have it for pies, pancakes, etc.. If you could post your recipe for pumpkin bread it would be appreciated!