02 October 2009

11pm

Lucy and I just crawled into bed after a late night playing with
Grandma Betty's buttons. I'll bet Great-Grandma Betty didn't envision
a tiny little redhead treasuring her button box as she tossed her
mismatched buttons in 70 years ago. I played with them when I was
small, too, and had just as much fun as Lucy did tonight. Wait til you
see what we decided to do with a handful of those buttons!
Our stuff is now in our house, just waiting for all of us to be
together again. My wonderful husband is there, working hard over the
next few days to make it homey for us. I can't wait to see him. This
week feels like the week before my wedding. Nervous, exciting,
bittersweet, tiring, thrilling and going far too fast. And at the end
of both weeks, finally getting the chance to snuggle up in bed with my
mate. I just want to see my familiar things, put on my pink apron and
get busy in my kitchen again. I need my "office" back!
The gals and I are sleeping with the windows open tonight. It's
raining and perfectly Octobery. I'd sleep if I wasn't so busy smelling
autumn outside my window.

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

And Texas is waiting for you. Minus the smell if autumn.