21 October 2009

I'm Tired.

I'm not just tired. I'm beyond the point of caring that I'm tired, and that's a dangerous place to be. I feel like this week will never end. :-( It poured all day and I don't have Andrew to lessen the burden, and that stinks. I'm in a new place, hormonal, sleep-deprived and on a new diet. I've been doing good, but anything I would eat to lighten my mood is out the window and it's hard when all I can think about is how nice it would be to a) run alone or b) eat some cookies.
I need something to do with these girls tomorrow, but with their naps colliding into each other, it's a tad precarious to take them out, because someone's going to lose no matter what. Do I put Mo down for her marathon morning nap and enjoy the quiet with Lucy and then risk having a crazy and exhausted toddler on an outing, or do I use our morning and pay for it in the afternoon with a clingy and overtired 8 month old? Gosh...how to decide...I think we're going to opt for A. We'll do the morning nap for Molly and then head out after lunch to DO something. If I can get them from 2pm to 6pm without killing myself, it'll be one last solo bedtime before we welcome Andrew home. That's not too bad. Well, off to fight Lucy into her bed. This one's always a bit tougher.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, as you always do so beautifully. This, too, shall pass.
A new day always looks better and IS
better. Being really tired is the culprit. I remember pretty well how I needed the kids' nap times, no matter how long they were. As they get older things get better. But, then, I know you already know that!!
Love you so much!
Grandma Susie