11 December 2009

Monster of a Morning.

So Lucy has this crazy little habit of responding to my "yes" or "no" with, "Why? Because there are monsters?"
I usually answer with something like, "You silly goose, there are no monsters!"

She also has this crazy little habit of opening every drawer and door in the kitchen to "see how it looks." Normally I put up with it to encourage her healthy curiosity. This morning I nearly flipped a lid as she was opening and closing as I was trying to clean. I kept tripping over her and I finally said, "Okay, close them and get out of my kitchen!" Her response was, "Why, cause there are monsters?"

I nodded slowly and replied, "Yep."

Lucy looked at me with wide eyes and said, "Oh no! I don't want them to get out! HURRY! Close the doors!"

And Mommy cleaned the kitchen to her satisfaction, door and drawers snugly closed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your blog! It's a pleasant beginning/middle/end of my day (whenever I get around to it).

What do I like about it? Well, I've gotten to see the evolution of the kids in person and online ;)

I like the pictures, the recipes, the stories and the way you tell them...

I think your blog is the only one I read regularly. To increase readership - - - that would obviously depend on your target audience....

Possibly regular things on days of the week - like a recipe every Tuesday or household tip every Thursday (ex: I safety pin together my socks before throwing them in the dirty laundry - post dryer, they're already sorted!)

Just some ideas - but I'll be a loyal reader regardless! Oh and I know you watch some of the same tv shows I do - maybe some commentary on them every once in awhile? (BTW, Grey's is doing webisodes on abc.com during the winter hiatus)

I miss you guys!!!

LB :)

Lisa Marie said...

LOL that is so great!!! :) hahaha