05 December 2009

Putting Out Fires


Boy has it been eventful around here lately! Did you know that on Friday, Andrew locked our baby in the car and we had to call the Fire Department? Oh yeah. And you thought YOUR husband was a gem. He felt terrible, but since I lost my keys weeks ago and couldn't extract said child, I'm also to blame.
The firefighters took an hour to get her out. They seemed to think that was a long time, but I said, "Well, if you knew Molly like we know Molly, this would just be another day." Andrew and I were laughing boisterously, but I guess the humor was lost on them. I mean, it was so far from an emergency. Molly seemed a tad peeved, but she's teething and sick, so she always looks a tad peeved. As the firefighters gave up and we made the decision to break the window an hour into the rescue effort, the man on the driver's side had luck and was able to get the car unlocked. Whew! It's all fun and games until someone breaks a window, you know.
All in all, our grumpy child was pulled from the safety of her carseat with nary a scratch, and the firefighters came away from the weekend with a double batch of fudge and a thank-you note from a relieved mama!

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

Eek how scary! Glad she was ok.