10 December 2009

So far....exhausting.

Hi Everyone!

I promise this blog will be totally readable for the next little while, but it may be a little scattered.

I've decided not to use Google's AdSense on my blog, because it's pretty scattered and I just didn't like the unprofessional look to it. I did like the way the Amazon aStore looked, so I think I'm going to try that. I like that it allows me to add only the things I really love and would suggest to anyone. I will never allow anything on my page that I haven't tried personally and rate highly.

For now, I'm working on upping my readership and really learning how to attract and keep readers. I also need to learn how to encourage more comments. That's tough, because I'm not a good commenter myself. I suppose that's the first step! If you have any suggestions or comments, PLEASE let me know! I'm going to start working on some bigger and better posts and would love some suggestions! I love to write and I think that taking my blogging to the next level makes sense. I get so many emails suggesting that I write more and I suppose I'm dumb enough to believe them. Andrew thinks this is a wonderful idea...I'm assuming that's because I keep him at the dinner table for far too long, telling ridiculous stories. If the blog thing doesn't pan out, I promise to find a real hobby, honey!

So tell me. What do you love about the blogs you love? What makes a blog truly readable? (Other than sick children, that is...what is it about other people's suffering that keeps us so hooked??)

I must trot along. Lucy is demanding my presence at the PBS table.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Laura, I love reading your blog already, but I know you (well, Andrew, but still...) I think you do a great job already!

PS-Tell me how to be a professional blogger??? I wanna stay home with my kids too! :)

Emily said...

As if this needs stating - I think you're an awesome blogger as is. I try to make my blogging as much like yours as possible. I don't think you can really go wrong with real life mayhem and adorable baby pictures. Seriously. Keep it up. I might need to become a professional blogger when our baby comes along too!!!! :] Maybe you could add a weekly installment item (like "not me monday" or something)? That would be my only possible suggestion in terms of what you could do differently.

Kelsey said...

I love reading your blog because it seems like you are a very grounded person with a realistic and loving approach to parenting. I like how you've shared the ways that you strike a balance between keeping your kids safe but also letting them explore and make mistakes. (Like Lucy eating cereal with a serving spoon, etc.) You also seem to post every once in a while with reminders to us all about what REALLY matters.

FWIW, here is a link to a story that ran on our news about turning your mommy blog into a money-making venture: http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/dpp/news/In-Depth-New-Kid-on-the-Blog-nov-18-2009