19 July 2010

Monday night.

You get ten minutes. Then it's bedtime.

Oh, how I want another little baby.

My littlest baby is growing so fast. She's cranky and rude and terribly terrible, but devilish and cute and perfectly perfect. She wants to be held 16 hours a day and she tantrums every time I leave the room...I just keep telling myself that there will be a day all too soon when she shoos me out and tries to close the door so she can kiss her boyfriend. (don't worry. We won't have doors by the time her scheming catches up. Privacy in our house is like ice cream in the Mohave. If only they knew that with every solo bathroom trip they let Mama take, they get 5 minutes of necking 15 years from now. Mama - 1, Toddlers - 0.)

My biggest little baby is turning into a girl. Bittersweet. Watching her grow is my greatest pleasure and my saddest sadness.

Every time I help Lucy put her shirt on, she throws her pudgy arms around my neck and squeals, "I love you, Mama!" Every single time.

And every time I brush her hair, she howls, "I need my daddy!!"

Today I watched her walk in line with other kids for the first time. Never even looked back. As I teared up and wiped my face on Molly's dress, I felt her marching out of toddlerhood too fast for me.

So i do a lot of baby-holding these days. Molly's permanent place on my hip is more sore than my post-spin class "I don't bike" derrière. But this won't last forever.

Spin class is going great. I've finally found the workout that gets me to bounce into the gym and leaves me sweating. A day without it leaves me a little off-kilter and feeling sluggish. Our instructors are awesome and so motivating. Something about spinning just clicks so well for me. I'm just loving it.

Tomorrow we're off to a meeting in the morning and then to the Post Office to mail an order. Should be another riveting day in the Court of King Andrew. With any luck, the Minstrel and the Jester will be at their best and Queen Laura can enjoy a delightful Tuesday.
I also stole an idea from my dear friend Emily and am in the midst of a special blog project. Stay tuned!


- Posted with love from my iPhone

No comments: