31 July 2010

Whew! What a week!

(To preface, Molly is a monster. She's tearing apart my house, my brain, my heart and my sanity. I love her to pieces, but it looks like I'll never find a nice gypsy family for her at this rate. The pictures below will testify to her...unique and somewhat scattered lifestyle. Love this little monster!)

So, it's been quite a week! I'll just give you a taste of what's going on around here.
Been busy putting on socks, for starters. 

And then there's THIS whole conundrum. We got a positive test late last Thursday night, and since then it's been a little bit of limbo and a lot of love for our new addition! I'm still not feeling much, as it's very early. On Wednesday my OB felt there was some cause for early labs, so we're trying to get through those without pulling our hair out. I went in for my first draw on Thursday afternoon and my results on Friday showed low progesterone, so they started me on supplements to bring it from a 9 to a 15, where they'd like to see it. My HCG was 144, so only time will tell on that front. It needs to be almost doubling every 48-72 hours, so it felt like 144 was low when I divided that number every few days back to my positive test. After some research, I found that some women do have VERY slowly doubling HCG. At this point, there's just no way to speculate about HCG. I had my second draw this morning and will have results on Monday morning. Until then, I'm on pins and needles and am really just running on nervous fumes! 

So we did a little sunbathing...

Skyping...(can I just say right now that I'm incredibly relieved that this handsome boy will not be my responsibility in 5 years??! He's just way too good-looking for a 10 year old boy...good luck, Mom!)

Some stroller-surfing...

Smiling...

Sucking on toes...

I can't resist adding this. My cute family. I just love them. 

Sneaking some Jelly Bellies...

Oh, these freckles...love, love, love these freckles. 

So this morning, we packed the girls up and ran to LabCorp to do my second set of labs, and then took off for Grapevine Lake for a little boating fun! 

We don't find too many boating opportunities, so we were psyched to get out on the water! What's really funny is that the last time we were on a boat, I was 5 weeks pregnant with Molly. Today, 5 weeks pregnant with a new baby, we're back on the water. I'm taking that as a sign from God that somehow, it'll work out just fine. He very rarely gives me a boat. And hey, if Noah could trust God and get on a boat, so can Laura.

On the way home, Molly had the good fortune of enjoying her first-ever corn dog. You can see that she thought it was just amazing! 

We came home for the nap of all naps! What a lovely afternoon. Andrew and Molly commandeered the living room and Lucy and I snuck off to the big fluffy bed. Perfection! 

We got up for some bananas and painting around 3....

...and ended the day with baths and more stroller fun!

1 comment:

SpunkyToes said...

Wishing you BIG double numbers coming up. Thinking of you.