07 July 2010

Well, baby...

As I read my friend Erin's blog this morning, I realized I hadn't updated about the girls' latest doctor visits. We have a very un-busy pediatrician, so I rang them up on Monday morning and we took them in on Monday afternoon. We have whooping cough going around, so my main objective was to make sure they were both caught up on dTap.
It turns out that Molly is WAY behind in her vaccinations because of the move. I had thought she had half of them at her 12-month checkup, but after I looked at her chart, I realized she'd been sick and we decided not to do it. Lucy is completely caught up, so she just needed one booster.
Both girls are looking great, otherwise. Molly is a whopping 20 pounds even and 28 inches, putting her in the "petite" category. Lucy is 32 pounds and 35 inches, also a very petite kid. What can I say? We make 'em travel-sized around here!
We've been working with Lucy the past few nights to get her out of our bed for good. Her night waking was just out of control and no one was getting any sleep, so we put a gate in her doorway and told her she could come out when the sun was up and we let her out.
So far...not a single complaint! She's falling asleep much faster, with fewer curtain calls and silly requests. But the best part is that she's sleeping MUCH better so far. It's only been two nights, but we're very impressed with her changes! This morning Andrew asked me how many times I got up with her and i said, "I thought you got up with her!" ahhhhh...I'm not considering her "cured" by any stretch, but I'm just thrilled by how well she's adjusted to the gate. With any luck it was he extra security she needed to make some big changes in her routine.
In other news...I'm pretty much out of news. See Jane Bake continues to have major success, with the exception of a few shipping kinks. Some of the more complicated designs just can't make the trip without cracking, which is really frustrating. I might have to start experimenting with a more durable cookie, I think. Ugh.
I think I'm also going to work up an expanded menu. The iced cookies are the star, of course, but I miss regular baking and some of our other favorites are really popular with friends and family. I think the first addition with be my SnickerChip cookies. Definitely our go-to cookie!
Well, Molly is finally ready to get up, so it's time to start our day! Love to you all!

- Posted with love from my iPhone

1 comment:

Katie E. said...

If you need to experiment with mailing different types of cookies, I know where you can send them...