26 July 2010

Well, we're gearing up to start Lucy's very first year of school. I, for one, am PSYCHED. I've decided to use a formal curriculum, just to keep us on track and keep me organized. With toddlers and babies all over the place, I need someone else to be doing my planning for now. Maybe when they're older and I don't having children in my bed, up my shirt and on my lap, I'll be able to concentrate better. (But I doubt that.)

Here is a link to Lucy's curriculum for her "Nursery Year."

We've chosen to use Angelicum Academy, which focuses on classical education. It's very, very important to me that my children learn from a literature-based standpoint. Angelicum is a tough school, but it will produce thinkers. And really, that's what education is about. With the right education, a mind can grow into something the world can't live without. When I look at my girls, I know that their minds are unique, thriving and ready to give this world an amazing view. Their education shouldn't just be "good." We know that the brain uses but a tiny portion of what it's actually capable of. Andrew and I intend to challenge them, inspire them and compel them in their education.

Here's a link to 12th grade at Angelicum.

Look out, world. You're about to be SCHOOLED. By my kids.

I am just so excited. Lucy is really thrilled about getting ready for school. She's been watching too much PBS, so she thinks she's going to be getting on a bus with a backpack, so we're working on the "new normal" for her. Once she sees her school table and pencil box, we'll be set!

No comments: