06 May 2009

953...

This is the 953rd post on this blog. Wow. Anyways, Hellooooo Blogggggg Readerrrrsssss! I've hijacked the family blog while Laura is in the shower to take this moment to recognize a significant moment in my life & Lucy's.

Tonight, she was having a nightmare so when I got home from school around 930pm I ran upstairs and laid her back to sleep and as I was leaving the room (quickly, quietly) she said "I wub you daddy". That's right ladies & gentlemen, days before her 2nd birthday she finally put together "I love you" and "daddy" in one phrase! Yes, she's said "daddy" for a long time now and even a three-syllabic phrase that sound like "I O U" occasionally but tonight, clear as day "I wub you daddy"! woohoo!

For those of you paying attention, she's been saying "I love you mommy" for weeks. Sigh, I suppose that it's ok to 2nd best 'round here!

dad out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't that just melt your heart?.....When they get older you wish you could go back to the "cute, sweet" days of the toddler years. Now, I'd like to glue mouths shut. Girls on the verge of teenagedom. So much fun. Just wait.

Just gearing up for Meg's big 12th b-day tomorrow. Wow, time flies.

Love ya,
Tammy

Suzzy said...

GAHHHHHH that is SO cute! congratulations!

Lisa Marie said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!! I'm glad you made note of this day since you'll want to remember it :) Josiah ran up and hugged me and said, "I love you Mommy" all on his own with no prompting JUST before Mother's Day last year, it was the best present ever :) Oh, and I WUB you too Andrew. - Lisa