14 May 2009

To UT or not to UT. That is the question!!

Ah... the family blog. Maybe now that I'm done my schooling (at least in a formal sense), I can contribute more here. I would genuinely like to do so.

The 690 MBA paper has been turned in. I anticipate completing all MBA coursework this semester with the exception of 1 online ECON class. My professor laughed and said "If you can handle 2 capstone courses, the birth of your baby, working full time and the biz travel you've done this semester, you can handle anything". I agreed and quickly added that "with a family like mine (LUVYA SMALLS) that I can handle anything".

See, what few fail to recognize is that L is the foundation for the peace and sanity of this family. My professor was impressed by my ability to manage myself since the end of January. Whereas I'm impressed daily by L's management of this family every day since, well, when she started planning it back around 9/16/2003. It's something I thank her for routinely but it still doesn't seem like quite enough!!!


If I may toot my own horn, completing my MBA is a great accomplishment for being 23 year old ;-)

Yeah... with a view like that from just about anywhere in town...

That being said & done, the subject of the post is to UT or not to UT. Today I received a verbal offer. My initial verbal response was that the offer is "in the ball park and I am still interested in the position". I will politely refrain from posting my initial thought. Needless to say (it's a large ball park) and a respectable counter offer will be presented to them in the days to come.

Sorry for all of you who will now remain "in suspense", especially those of you following this blog! I do not know when L started disclosing details on the blog, facebook, myspace, twitter, or elsewhere [and I appreciate her discretion]... but I actually submitted my application for this job the end of FEB.

It's been a long time coming...
But rest assured, negotiations have began! Good bye blog fans. Keep your fingers crossed and prayers coming.

Oh, and Maple cannot have babies but she is recovering quickly! After a beer or two by my lonesome this week, I've tried to explain to her that babies are way overrated but with the way I get all gooey around Lucy and Molly, I think Maple can see through my lies.............

Case in point. So eager to see my babies I jumped in the tub fully dressed when I got home last week from my UT interview! Boy, I looked TIRED...

5 comments:

Suzzy said...

i LOVE this picture. on another note, I am pretty pumped to fly to SLC because it's MUCH cheaper than renting a car and driving to Frostburg. LOVE YOU BUNCHES!

Katie E. said...

This is really cool Andrew! All your hard work and determination are paying off. Love the pic, and I'm always glad to hear all about how much you love your girls!

Kandi said...

How long have you been 23? Sheesh! Good luck with your offers and your decisions. You know I'd make the trip out to see you if you make the move.

Lisa Marie said...

Such a cute picture!! We love you... let us know when you know for sure... I'm taking it as a yes though... congratulations Andrew- we are REALLY proud of you- always are!! Love to you all!

Anonymous said...

Oh Andy. You are precious. How can we negotiate for more Cookes in our lives? What are they offering you?!?! We'll double it!!! I'm sure Em and Josh will chip in :)