03 May 2009

Massive Update, Y'all.

Well, I've been very busy the past few days. Cooke house is a-buzz with party preparations, spring cleaning and the possibility of major life changes, so things here aren't exactly peaceful at the moment.

All of Lucy's party favors came in the mail and she had a blast putting her treat bags together for the big day(s). We ordered bubbles, candy, stickers, temporary tattoos and personalized pencils. Everything looks so cute and she was just floored by all the goodies!

Nina and Lilly are coming up to visit tomorrow to distract me from everything else that's going on, and I can't wait to play with them! Lil is a trip and will keep us busy, but I'm going to force Nina to spend the day attempting cake pops to go with the Sesame Street theme. That should be fun and Nina's always willing to try my new projects, which is one of her most endearing qualities, I think. They're also going to stop on the way up to pick up my new DOUBLE STROLLER! I really need one and I was able to find this one on Craigslist for half the price, almost brand new! Yay!

Let's see...in other news, I'm down 39 pounds from Februrary 28th! Yay!

Otherwise...you're probably wondering about my mental state right now. I think most of you know at this point that it would be incredibly kind of you to start praying at 1pm Mtn time tomorrow afternoon. I'm really, really nervous and beyond stressed out over this whole thing, but I know that God has a plan for us. I don't yet know what that plan is, but our plan A would be so wonderful for our family. We're very happy where we are now, but we're very quickly coming to a point where we need to make a change. Andrew's MBA will be done in just a few weeks and then we need to make some changes. Right now our irons are all in one fire, so I think we're both hoping that this is the right path for us, because if it's not...back to square one. My hopes are up; too late for that. I'm not a patient person, so the next 72-96 hours are going to be rough. I'm not really sleeping, but I can catch up on that later, right? And if I don't have a house to pack and sell, I'll have lots of time to sleep. :-) So, if you're a praying person, just pray that we have the wisdom to follow God's path for our family and the inner peace to wait for the right answers. This feels right to me, but there's so much going on in my head that all I really know is that "right" is right here with my family, wherever we may end up.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Prayers headed your way.

We are in a very similar situation right now, so I can sympathize.

Suzzy said...

prayer and hugs are two of my greatest talents...i really wish I could give them both to you! SMOOOOOCH!

Lisa Marie said...

Laura, I'm sorry I haven't written to you more- but I've constantly been thinking of you, and the whole family. I'm glad you updated because I was wondering how you're hanging in there. I hope you can get some sleep sometime soon and feel rested, despite the stress. Try to get to bed on time (when possible) it helps to be horizontal by 11pm or your inner clock gets "off". (as told to me by medical professional). Anyway... we are PRAYING and please keep us updated. I'm praying all works out as God has planned and that everything will fall into place. We love you and wish you all the PEACE of Christ during this crazy hectic time. I keep thinking how stressed you all are, having just moved myself, I can't imagine the position you are in... and having to possibly move across the country with two little ones, oh yikes. OKAY no more saying that- just know we're praying! :) Love you!!!!