07 July 2009

Beautiful. Lucky. Happy. Day.

I'm just sitting here with Jolly Molly, who is sitting in the desk in her Bumbo, smiling away while I type. I thought I'd check in while Lucy is napping. We're absolutely surrounded by boxes, but found the time to make a batch of peanut butter cookies with our remaining bowl and a spoon. Lucy mostly ate sugar while I mixed, and then she ate dough while I criss-crossed. I put her down for an early nap so that we can play in the pool when she wakes up. Mama needs some sun!
Andrew's mom was here for 4 days and will be back on Friday to supervise the weekend's activities. She helped pack up all the breakables, so I think she felt okay leaving us alone in this mess. Lucy woke up this morning and said, "Where'd Grandma go?!" I told her she'd be back in a few days and have busied her with learning the phrase "Oh snap!" for the remainder of the week. The house sale appears to be on track for the most part. Our buyer was starting to seem a little flaky last week, but it looks like things are taking shape again and we're back in order. We had a few contractor quotes to turn in, so we'll be going from there this week as far as whether or not we'll be pitching in on repairs after closing. Whatever. I just want to move out to the farm with a big blanket and a stack of books and spend the rest of my summer watching Lucy run around in her diaper. I will also be jumping into planning Andrew's August birthday party and the soon-to-be-annual Cooketoberfest, which will probably be the second weekend in October, so clear your calendars for scads of Cooke fun. I adore parties.
Molly is now sitting up on her own which is just so stinking cute. I could just eat her up. Oh, let me post a pic. You'll just die from the adorability factor. I made that word up.

No comments: