22 July 2009

Sad.

Rest in Peace

Maple Cooke
5.28.08 - 7.22.09



We had to put Maple down tonight. We're all sad, but it was for the safety of our family and friends and it was the right thing to do. Maple was becoming more and more aggressive and it became apparent that there was something wrong that any amount of training couldn't fix. After talking to multiple rescues, trainers, our vet and the humane society, we decided that the best route for Maple's happiness was to end her life before she truly harmed someone and ended up in a dangerous situation. Maple was a wonderful girl and we'll miss her, but we're at peace knowing that the life she had was full of love and happiness.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, how sad. But, having young children and an agressive dog just doesn't mix.

So sorry. Are you thinking of another family dog?

Our golden Chloe is the absolute sweetest! Remember Mogie? I loved her like a child. She was my first child in a way.

So sorry. That isn't an easy decision.

Love,
Tammy

Marcia said...

Laura, I am so sorry you had to make this decision but I am happy to hear you are at peace with it. Big hugs!

Paul+Sue said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Mom

Katie E. said...

So sorry you had to make that decision. It's never easy to say goodbye to a pet.

Lisa Marie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Maple! Mom told me last night :( I do think that you made the right choice, you have no other choice with Lucy and Molly to think of. God bless and take care! Love and miss you guys

Emily said...

Oh no :[