21 July 2009

He makes it sound charming.

Okay, so, it wasn't exactly a cute bear. It was a huge bear. Andrew makes it sound like I was at the zoo. Nerd.

So Lucy and Molly and myself were driving home and I was talking on the phone to April. I said, "Hey, I might lose you because I'm coming into town and there's no reception on the road." And then a huge black bear lumbers out of the woods and gallops across the road. HUGE. BEAR. I start screaming, "OH S*************!!!!!!!" (Because there were a lot of I's in my word.) and I slam on the brakes. Stupid Huge Bear STOPS in front of my car as I'm screaming and braking and he just grins and jumps over the guardrail, disappearing into the woods. What's funny about the story is that April is still chattering away about Christian's birthday party, blissfully unaware that I've almost died. It was eventful, to say the least.

3 comments:

Jennifer Merkel said...

The very least. We were hoping to camp out when we come up for Andrew's party. Well, this may have an effect on our plans...

April said...

In my own defense you did cut out because I didn't hear any of the " Oh Sh***************t" All I heard was a frantic.. April? April?

Sarah Jane said...

That happened to me once, except I was on my bike instead...bears equate to mini heart attacks.