27 March 2010

Sigh.

I am tired. Andrew is already snoozing beside me. We had a fun and productive day, but boy are we tired!
Andrew has a big week coming up and for me, that means I'll be available to him at all times and will try my hardest to anticipate his needs this week. I mean, I always try. That's why I married him; i like to make him happy. But this week he has not one, not two, not three, but FOUR major events happening. Possibly five, but let's not count our chickens. So yeah, he's busy and a tad stressed. Event One is something that happens every year - the End of the year for the company. Blech. Event Two is the launch of a major project he's been working on for two years. Since he's the lead on this company-wide project, his Blackberry is going to be blowing up. Event Three is the continued job search, which may reach astounding feats this week. Event Four is the reason for the job search. Event (possibly) Five is confidential, but the most likely to have permanent effects.
Thank goodness he mowed the lawn-mowing out of the way over the weekend!
So what do I do in the midst of Andrew's eventual head explosion? I anticipate. I pack lunches, keep dinner warm, make the bed diligently, (it calms him-I get it) stop asking so many questions and try to act like I'm cool as a cucumber. Easy peasy!
No. I'm a terrible faker and this week is going to make me a crazy(ier) person. Ah well, fake it til you make it, right?
Will you please pray? Pray for peaceful and constuctive family time when we can get it. Pray that Andrew survives the week with an effortless feel and a smile. Pray that my Wednesday night burnout stays away til Friday. Pray that we can find the time to sneak away and figure ourselves out rationally and with a deep regard for our marriage and our girls. And pray that as we always do, we'll come out on the other side laughig together.
Goodnight, wonderful world. I love you.

1 comment:

Sarah Jane said...

Aaron and I were talking about your busy week and we thought...didn't Laura write a blog about how much she can accomplish in her apron? I think you should wear it all week long, and give yourself a super hero name while wearing the apron....The Aproned Wonder Woman....Let me know what the name is!