26 March 2010

Sweet Surprise!




We're in the middle of a lot of decisions right now. Deciding whether to stay in Fort Worth is a nightly discussion just because we love this town, but we do miss our family and friends.
When Andrew visited Maryland, Em & Josh gave him this very thoughtful Maryland care package. He ended up having to leave some things at his parents' house, so it all just came today. Fisher's Popcorn, Berger cookies, Mary Sue eggs, Old Bay, Ravens and Orioles pennants and a Maryland flag.
(I put the cookies in the freezer- I swear I didn't eat them all!)
In the midst of all of this job talk, these sweet gifts meant so much. It's hard to miss our friends and their lives as we anonymously live our very quiet life. We miss entertaining and visiting so much. I think that's the hardest part of being in Texas. No dinner parties, cookie bakes, Sunday dinners or drop-in visits. No impromptu Saturday breakfasts or Thursday night poker, and that's hard. We're so used to a huge social circle and down here we're kind of flying solo. Don't get me wrong, we LOVE the friends we do have, but Andrew and I are so used to being busy and having plans. It's just different.
I can't decide if this little care package made me miss MD more or helped me feel satisfied enough to make a big decision. It's not the stuff IN the box, the the love and sentiment behind it. We do miss our friends, so much more than I can describe in a blog post. But the kind of friends we have are never very far away, are they? Simply the Becks!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura. We love you guys and just miss you so much.

Katie E. said...

Don't worry honey - whatever decision you make, it will be the right one. <3