30 March 2010

I Learned To Sew!


As you can see, my repertoire is limited, but I'm making progress! These are the first ones I did. I'm now using coordinating fabric to make the ribbon instead of using grossgrain, and just making a bow on one shoulder. They are just so stinking cute! The girls now have a huge wardrobe of sundresses for the summer. I really like these dresses because they can wear them with leggings and long sleeves underneath in the cold months, with t-shirts and short leggings in the spring and early fall and with bloomers all summer! Genius! I also have this thing about little girls looking like little girls - sweet, feminine and perfectly whismsical.






5 comments:

Katie E. said...

YAY!! Next time I'm at JoAnn's I'm going to pick up Simplicity patterns for you! Since I'm clearly not going to be having any daughters of my own, I'll have to live vicariously through you and yours...

Suzzy said...

oh my GOODNESS! i love the purple one! you should try one with a little lace peeking out from the bottom. i'm dying over these little girly things!

Tricia said...

love love LOVE these little dresses. Oh how I wish I had a little girl to wear one!!!!

SpunkyToes said...

Great job!

Marcia said...

Love these, Laura! I wish I had a girl...sigh.