08 July 2008

Big Girl!!

I am so proud of my little LucyBear! Today has been 100% bottle free! She's been a trooper and you'd never even know how attached she is! I just put her to bed for the night and she fussed for a minute or two, but she seems to have gone to sleep without a problem! I am just so tickled over this whole thing. What a cooperative little thing.



She is really growing up so fast! She still naps by herself for about an hour each afternoon, and then she calls for me and naps on me for another hour. It's my favorite part of the day, feeling her sweaty little toddler body curled around me. I've never considered myself to be particularly nurturing, but Lucy sure thinks I am. I love it when she nestles in to my not-yet-flat tummy and gets heavier as she falls into a deeper sleep. I always think to myself, "You and I were one person once, and now all I have left of that is these chubby toddler arms wrapped around what used to be your home."
And now I'm crying. I guess I am nurturing, after all.

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

YAY LUCY! Way to make Mommy happy... :o) You're crying by the way- because all those hormones are returning! haha! We miss you guys, hope to talk again soon. I'm going to email you about this weekend. Love and Prayers- Lisa and the boys

Emily said...

I think you could be the most motherly person I've ever met. Forget this "not particularly nurturing" business.