24 July 2008

We're Gonna Make It After All...

Well, I think I figured out how to get Lucy through a 5 hour plane trip. The girl is ADDICTED to stickers. So, I'm going to buy a blank note pad and about 10 packages of stickers. I don't care what she sticks them on. With a pen to draw on them and lots of space to practice "sticking," I think we're on to something. She's playing with Tigger and Pooh stickers right now and my fussy toddler has been transformed into a very complacent and reasonable child. Now I just need to teach her that Maple does not eat stickers. Or crayons. Or trial size packets of Tide. Or George Orwell books.

6 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Excellent idea for the plane trip! Good luck!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,

You might also look for the magnetic "sticker" that way Lucy can reuse them and they can come in tins and they are colorful like a storybook but they look like stickers but are magnetic. I've seen them at bookstores and toystores...

I bet Maple likes Lucy since she is sharing!

Give her a kiss and hug from Grandma Tammy.

Love,
Tammy

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see Maple!!

Lisa Marie said...

Hey sweetie... I haven't read it yet, but I noticed this month's PARENTS magazine has an article about "travel tips" in the "as they grow" sections- for 1 yr olds! Might have something helpful!! good luck. Love you guys!

Suzzy said...

tell lucy to watch her back while she's feeding those things to maple...big brother is watching...



[or did she try to feed the dog animal farm?]

Jenny said...

LOL!! Good idea about the stickers - I may have to use that one :)