03 July 2008

Ok, then.

Well, since I was encouraged to post honestly, here's what's on my mind.

  • My c-section scar feels bruised and it's irritating me.
  • I am so happy that Andrew and Lucy went to the office this morning so that I can blog and shower. However, I already miss them.
  • We're spending Christmas and Thanksgiving at home because it simply means so much to us to have our first holidays here in our new home.
  • I was going to plan a big party. After careful thought, I decided that I would rather have a small, meaningful gathering with a few people than send out an invite and have people change their minds three days beforehand, only to have a "big" party with 5 people who ended up making it.
  • At my wedding, I had 10 family members in attendance. That still makes me very sad. We had over 100 people, and I only had 10 family members. What's sad is that I have a really big family.
  • Lucy is turning out to be highly intelligent. I knew this was a possibility, but it's definitely biting me in the butt. Along with intelligent comes ornery, demanding, destructive, earsplitting and incredibly busy. Her cuteness makes it even harder for me, because no one likes to discipline a Kewpie Doll.
  • I can't believe we've lived in our house since the middle of May and only our moms and Calvin and Katherine have come to see it.
Well, I have a shower to take and a budget to work on, not to mention a huge shopping list to make and a weekend to plan. I also have to figure out our trip to WA in better detail.

I feel much better having posted that. I'm not really whining about anything, because none of it is really anything I can change. I'm just putting it out there that my belly hurts, Lucy is a little crazy and I still flip through my wedding album a lot.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

YAY!! I'm glad you posted how you really felt. I wished I lived closer to you. I would bring over the biggest bottle of wine I could find and visit you in your brand new home!! We would have the guys watch our children and sit in the backyard sipping on wine and talking about this crazy thing called life...