23 July 2008

Lucy & True Sportsmanship.

Lucy & I (Andrew) went to the Mt. Ridge HS track today. It's brand new, rubberized and astroturfed (sp?). They haven't paved the parking lot yet so we had to do a little "off roading" in the jogger to get there, but after you look at the adorable pictures below, you tell me if it was worth getting a little mud on the tires...

Lucy steps out on the rubber with her head held high for the first time that evening

Lucy stretching before the races begin

Lucy showing her "game face" to the photographers & crowd

She's not smiling folks, she's stretching really hard!Lucy runs around the corner of the track and collapses exhaustedly on her dad's knee

Next, there was the football! Er, maybe cheerleading eventually. Regardless, she was on the field squishing her cute little toes into the turf!
Let's go boys, I'm ready for the gridiron

Stretching those strong legs & eyeing up the competition across the field

Warming up in the 3-point (maybe 4-point) stance


I'm open! Throw it here! You know you cannot resist my beautiful sun-kissed red hair!Thanks coach. Great game.

I had SO much fun with her tonight. We're going to do that again soon. It was a MAJOR disconnect mid-week from my otherwise hectic day at the office. Maple is well by the way! Laura told me she's only posted like 1 picture & she feels guilty, but it's all good!!! She's just a cute puppy. We've all seen those before! Hope you all enjoyed the photos of tonight's track meet & football game as much as I enjoyed taking them & coaching!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable pictures and great commentary Andrew! Daddy daughter time is very important!!!

Love all of Lucy's expressions...and her belly is adorable.

Can't wait to see you soon Lucy!

Love,
Tammy (Grandma)

Lisa Marie said...

These pictures are just great! Whatever Lucy decides to do when she gets older, we know her number one fan will always be Daddy! We love you so much... thanks for sharing- and definitely do that again soon! It looks like you both had a great time. - Aunt Lisa and family

Emily said...

OMG. I had a major flashback to senior year of high school when Andy and I worked together on a photo-journalism project for photography class. It's good to see that after that long semester of my mentoring, your photo-journalism skills are still top notch. This project is only missing one thing, and you know what that is.... Japanese subtitles.

Unknown said...

Finally, here I is!! Grandma Susie.
My goodness, it is quite the experience to get back into your blog.
ANYWAY, Andrew, this blog entry is super! The pictures are just darling of Lucy and your jounaling of your time with her is precious. Yep, precious!! I know you probably don't want to connect that word with you, but when you have a little doll like Lucy, EVERYING is precious, didn't 'ya know???
Thanks for the cute photos.
Love, Grandma Susie & Grandpa Dick