07 July 2008

Broken Streak

I am incredibly sad to report that it is 6:45 and Lucy is up, watching Higglytown Heroes and screaming at me for more water in a sippy I don't recognize. I really thought the past three days were a good sign...
Here is 5 minutes in the life of Lucy:
  • Finds remote
  • Straddles my lap and tells me a ten-secind story about remotes, I think.
  • Cries until I put the remote down her shirt.
  • Giggles at remote in her shirt.
  • Cries when she realizes she has a remote in her shirt- I remove it.
  • Pulls pile of clean laundry off the couch, looking for something. I am glad I vacuumed last night.
  • Finds pink flowered bloomers, makes it very clear that she wants to wear them on her head.
  • Mommy put them on her head. Bloomers are close, but not exactly what she was looking for.
  • Clean diaper was a closer match.
  • Pushes lid of laptop up and down several times. Dance to a commercial.
  • Looks down her shirt to makes sure the remote isn't still in there.
  • Pushes power button on laptop, requiring me to decide whether or not I want to shut down.
  • Climbs on couch and leans as far over the side as possible, squealing "Daaaaaaadddddeeeee!"

I think that was closer to 4 minutes. Another minute would result in catastrophe, I think.

No comments: