08 July 2008

On dirty children and bottle-weaning.

Now, anyone who knows Lucy knows that she's not shy about getting dirty. She usually has a stained shirt, a dirty little face and very sticky hands. Today while I was sweeping, I was noticing the cloud of dust that follows her wherever she goes and I realized that she closely resembles a familiar cartoon character.



In other news...I have decided that I'd like Lucy to be weaned from bottle by the time we fly to PA. So, we're starting today. It's going to be a rough one, because Lucy really knows exactly how her day is supposed to go and what she expects from her caregivers. So weaning from the bottle is not an easy task. I just put her down and gave her a sippy of water for extra comfort and she's beyond mad at me...it's going to be a long haul.

No comments: