12 August 2011

Hairball.

So, I do love having an adorable round baby. I love her chunky little thighs and her sweet gray eyes. I love her red fuzzy hair and her little dimple on her chin. I love her fat, sweaty hands and soft little belly. I love her crooked smile and her cute little coos. Babies are awesome..

But I'm in postpartum hell. My belly is pouchy and I'm so tired from nursing all day and running after children that I'm getting to the gym like, 3 times a week. I'm incredibly hormonal and I'm about as mature as my toddlers anymore.

And my hair is falling out. I mean, it's REALLY falling out.

My hair is about 20 inches from root to tip. It's incredibly soft, always perfectly straight. When I'm pregnant it gets so thick I can't get a brush through it. When I hit about 10 weeks postpartum, I lose it in handfuls. I wish that were an exaggeration. If it's down, there's hair falling everywhere. When I take my messy bun out, I usually throw away about 4 handfuls of hair before I get so frustrated that I put it back up. I love wearing my hair down, but it looks like I have at least another month of extreme hair loss, Claire edition. It's so gross. I'm trying to avoid brushing it, as it just seems to aggravate it. The problem is that my scalp is so sore from wearing it up that my skin is just burning and my head just throbs after a few days of ponytails and messy buns. But if I wear it down, there's hair absolutely everywhere. After Molly, my mother-in-law saw how much I was losing and told me to see a doctor. I'm pretty sure it's even worse this time, and my hair is still incredibly thick. I'd cut it, but it's taken so long to get it to this length and it's so healthy right now. Well, except for the fact that it's all falling out.

No comments: