24 August 2011

Glazed over. No, really.

I haven't blogged from my computer in ages.

That's because i haven't left my kitchen in 5 days. No, really. It's undergoing a massive transformation courtesy of your truly and my treasure of a father-in-law. I truly can't wait to post the whole transformation. I had no idea it could be this beautiful! I think after all is said and done it will have been about 50 man hours and about $700 to get the kitchen up to a decent standard. I'm guessing that most of it will be done by mid-September, but that's pure speculation. If I could have it done by thanksgiving I'd be satisfied. I still have to finish painting the ceiling, finish painting the walls, sew some curtains, build the breakfast table, hang pictures and "things" and get the cabinet doors back on. And the cabinet doors are still completely untouched. That means 30 doors need to be deglossed, painted with three coats of white paint, glazed and coated with a protective top coat. This glazing business is enough to drive me to my grave, but the cabinets do look awesome. This includes our behemoth china cabinet. She needs a name. Gloria. Cause she huge. (if you didn't catch the Madagascar 2 reference, you haven't seen it enough, freaks.)

And with that, I'm signing out. Call me when King Julian is the standard for 90% of your social interactions.

No comments: