28 August 2011

I-DONT-KNOW and LOOK IT UP

On our walk yesterday to the playground... (on which I got lost, walked miles in the wrong direction up & down multiple hills in 110 degrees, pushing the double stroller. sigh). Needless to say, I now know the shortcut/right roads to get to/from the playground more expediently. Live and learn. Cute playground! Well hidden! Some tennis courts too! Anyways... here's how MOST of the way-too-long-and-hot walk went:


A: Wow. Look at those beautiful trees. They have pink and purple flowers on them! They are so beautiful. I bet that your mom would like those. I wondered what they're called.


Lu: Ha. I don't know. Ha. I learned THAT word from Mommy.


A: What word?


Lu: I-dont-know


A: Mommy taught you the word I-dont-know?


Lu: Yes. She says it all the time. It's not a bad word daddy. She says it like, "Lucy, I don't know". So, yes. It's an okay word to say daddy.


Mo: I KNOW! I KNOW! MWAHAHAHAHAHA (evil laughter)


Lu: Molly, you do NOT know. Only Mommys and Daddys know.


A: It smells good but I still don't know what kind of tree that is...


Lu: You can look it up.


THAT ONE had me laughing hard enough to slow down my strides and gather myself :-) Every day Lucy sounds more and more like Laura and it's just the cutest thing in the entire world.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!! I can totally hear her saying that too!!! LOL so funny!