12 August 2011

Humility is a dish best served by a four year old.

Lucy and I were in the car yesterday and had the following conversation.

L: Mama, my babysitter said "butt" when she was babysitting us. That's a very bad word.

M: Yeah, we try not to say that one. There are lots we don't say, right?

L: Yes, like #%?$. Only mommies can say that one.

M: Well, they shouldn't say that one.

L: Yeah. Only if something really bad happens and it's an emergency.

M: Right. Sometimes it just slips out.

L: Yeah, I know you have a LOT of emergencies.


Here's another funny one from the bath tonight. Each girl had a cup of crushed ice on the side of the tub. Lucy took a piece of ice and said, "Okay, I'm going to show you a magic trick. I'm going to make the ice in my hand disappear." I replied, "Wow, okay. But you have to show me the ice first so I know it was in your hand to begin with." Well of course by this time her hot hands had melted her tiny piece of ice. She opened her hands and gasped and said, "Whoa! I'm so good at magic I did it without the trick!"

No comments: