24 August 2011

Once upon a hot TX evening there was a dead lizard.

Don't worry. I said it was dead.

So... last night, I went looking on our patio for geckos and lizards. Why? Because they're fun. So, I found one laying on the bricks on the windowsill. It looked so cute that I called my dad out to look at it. Once he was out there (Laura was inside mid-MAJOR-kitchen renovations, more on that later), I tried to poke it to make it run away.

It didn't run. Boo. SOOOOO... Dad got this idea. "Hey" he said. "Let's scare Laura!" He then coerced me into picking up the dead reptile and bringing it in the house. He forcibly pushed me into the bathroom and with that deacony-you-shall-do-as-I-command look in his eye, instructed me to put the dead little reptile next to her toothbrush.


I, commonly known to blog readers as "sugar lips" and "loverboy" was so distraught that I couldn't bring myself to forewarn my lovely bride. Needless to say, this ended with some strong punches, threats, yelling and... Laura buying another dining room set (!?)

I love that girl.

2 comments:

Kathi W said...

Don't know enogh to Not listen to your dad, the Deacon, when it comes to scaring your wife, huh? Will you never learn that women don't like negative surprizes? ;-)

Jennifer Merkel said...

Yes, Kathi, I agree.
I'm sure that if Deacon Paul looks deep enough into the rite of Christian marriage, he will find a clause that states that a practical joke as nauseating as a dead lizard next to your wife's toothbrush requires a gift of contrition that is at least as breathtaking as a dead lizard is nauseating. I'm thinking diamonds...