26 August 2007

I AM SO MAD

Ok, bad news first. Tomorrow was supposed to be a major day of celebration in our home, but since FSU is terribly disorganized and has LOATHSOME procedures that they fail to share with their students, that will not be happening. We stood in line for an hour this morning only to be told that because Andrew is a grad student, his financial aid has to be "pushed through manually." Right. Just like it WASN'T last semester or the two before that. In previous semester there have been other hiccups, but this one takes the cake. I was tempted to stand around and ask questions and let Lucy yell a little longer, but I controlled myself and my tears and we left. Andrew is out walking with her to let me steam in peace. So, maybe by the end of the week we'll have better news. I hate FSU.

Good news now. Lucy slept 15 HOURS last night! She went down at 7pm and Andrew and I had a nice dinner and watched a movie, and then we stayed up til 2am doing our individual projects and chatting. We fell asleep watching The Majestic, and Lucy woke up to eat around 4:30 or so. At 7 we brought her to bed with us and she nursed for a few seconds and then snuggled up to Daddy until 10am! It was such a nice way to spend our Sunday morning. She's been super cheerful all day and was a very good girl through all of Mass. Tonight we're heading to Keyser for some time with the Twiggs, and tomorrow we'll officially start ironing this thing out with FSU. Sigh. I need to clean now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about the FSU fiasco; just one of those bumps in the road, I guess. This too shall pass, huh? Hope you get it ironed out this coming week.
The best part of your blog is the GOOD NEWS! about Lucy getting her body clock on track. Yippee! There may be more nights, now and then, of being up, but as the months go by she will love her sleep time.
Then, when she is a teen-ager....well, what can I say?
That's another story.
In other words, parenting is fun and rewarding over-all, no matter what!!
Love you,
Grandma S.

SpunkyToes said...

Whew! Glad to hear the sleep stike is over!