29 August 2007

You Can't Handle The Truth

Motherhood is kicking my tooshie. I say "tooshie" because good mommies don't say the "B-word." And okay mommies don't say the "A-word," which is really what's being kicked, here...And for that matter, I don't even HAVE a tooshie, because motherhood robs you of your tooshie and leaves in its place a Badonkadonk. What I wouldn't give for a tooshie...
As it happens, the cutest tooshie in the world is being walked around Mayberry right now, because that's the only place she'll sleep. Once 6pm hit and she was screaming with delirious anger, I plopped her in the stroller and she conked out on College Ave. Well, now it's her bedtime and I'm sure she's still napping happily with no regard to the fact that Mommy and Daddy will have to sleep sometime tonight.
Mommy needs a bubble bath and a strawberry margarita. Wouldn't it be nice if strawberry margaritas flowed freely like tap water?
Ok, I have about 10 minutes before my favorite man walks through the door with the little darling. I do have to say, she is 100% committed to her screaming. That's good. I would hate to have a child who never follows through. Adios!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry!! Really, this too shall pass. Lucy is just doing so many normal baby things right now.
I feel sorry for Andrew that he has been walking his legs off to get that little stinker to sleep. Well, we can't say he isn't getting any exercise! He must sleep like a baby (well, OTHER babies!) at night.
Wish I could be there to take up the slack for you sometimes.
Love you,
Grandma S.