19 August 2007

What A Weekend!

Well, on Saturday morning, Daddy and Lu went out for a nice long walk and came back and slept till 11am. Those two could sleep the entire day away!

We got Lucy all prettied up and ready for Grandma and Grandpa C's visit! She looked so pretty in her little blue dress! It's very soft and comfortable because her Mama wore this same dress years ago, so it's been broken in! Here is Lucy VERY EXCITED over Baby Mozart! Woo!

Such a silly girl. She could spend all day wiggling and screaming!

She went down for a little nap, and when she woke up, our company was here and she played with Grandma for the afternoon while Mama cooked dinner. I made Over Barbequed Chicken, Pilaf, Caesar Salad, Rolls and Chocolate Cake.

Andrew had been asking me to make a "fun cake," so I told him if he designed it I would decorate it however he wanted. This is what he came up with:

On Sunday, we went to Daddy's company picnic! This picture isn't especially good, but it does show Lucy's pretty picnic outfit. Love those little saddle shoes!

This picture came out so clear and cute!

Here is little BabaLu in her Mei Tai carrier that her Grandma Jen and I made last week. She really seems to like it, and I love the Elvis panel! Now I know why they charge $85 for one of these puppies. It was seriously labor intensive, but neither of us are really serious sewers, so it might have been easier with a real pattern and a little more practice. I laid out the pieces and kept the vision alive while Mom did the stitching. It's definitely a 2-person project! But, it will last until she's a toddler, and it's SO comfortable and easy to use! We love it!

Oh, a funny thing happened at the picnic. See, Lucy now has some carseat issues we're working to overcome, and I was a little nervous about our three-hour drive home the other day, and Mom said, "You know, you really ought to invest in a portable DVD player eventually, so that she has a distraction." I was so tempted to price them before our drive so that Lucy could watch Baby Mozart if things got super dicey, but I thought, "Well, that's just not in the budget. I really don't NEED it, and we have other things going on right now. No baby needs a portable DVD player." At the picnic, there was a raffle, and we won a PORTABLE DVD PLAYER! Crazy...God is so good to us. We played with it last night and it's so fun! It'll be nice to have when she's a little older. We do a LOT of driving, so I'm glad we won it!
Here is Lucy at Signatures yesterday afternoon for a light lunch with Grandma and Grandpa. Lucy loves Rocky Gap, but I don't think she cares much about Jack Nicklaus or his stupid golf course.
Andrew and I at Rocky Gap.
We forgot Andrew's truck at Canal Place last night, so Lucy and I had to get up at 6am to drive him to Cumberland to pick it up, and then we came back here for an early morning walk while the carpets were cleaned. We went to the library and found lots of books and movies, and took a long walk in the fog. Living in the mountains means lots and lots of fog! Yuck! I liked this stop sign!
Here is Lucy at Comcast while I figured out the THREE bills we got in the mail. Turns out switching your service to a new address means a triple bill. Ugh.















No comments: