10 March 2009

Separation Anxiety Much?

Lucy is on her stool in the playroom eating marshmallows and I'm exactly 15 feet away in the office. Every time she takes a bite she yells, "MaMa?!?" as if I'm going to sneak out. So now we're talking to each other in different rooms, just to let her know that I'm still here and she's free to eat her marshmallows without stress. I guess the past few weeks are starting to catch up with her! If I'd been left with as many people as she has, I'd be a little paranoid too! She did, however, do just great last night and is settling back in like a pro. Our trip with her was just wonderful. I can't think of more than 2 or 3 hiccups through our entire 6 weeks downstate. She slept like an angel, ate everything we served to her, chattered to everyone she saw and was just so pleasant and amiable. She never complained when she woke up to a new face or had to sleep somewhere new; just kept going like everything was status quo. I'm just so proud of her for taking everything in stride and adjusting so well. 
We're having a great morning on our own. I'd keep typing, but it's definitely time to wake Thing 2 and feed her! 

2 comments:

Jennifer Merkel said...

Yep! A little trouper, just like her mom! Adaptable children are such a Blessing!

Traci said...

Lucy is such a good girl! My two would flip out if they were left with different people. You are so lucky to have a laid back girl! :-)