19 March 2009

Thursday Catch-Up!

Well now, let's see...Molly is almost 3 weeks old and we've got a baptism coming up THIS weekend! Suz will be here tonight and we're planning to have an awesome extended weekend with her! 
Mom and the boys were here for almost week and we had a good visit. We also got LOTS done! We organized almost the entire house and I'm feeling good about being able to keep it all together for awhile. 
The girls are doing well. We took them for a walk last night and got all the way to Sheetz! Andrew gave Mo a bottle on the way home, so we didn't have to stop. I was a little sore today, only because walking is a different kind of activity that I've been getting lately. But it was nice to get out with my sweeties! Lucy had a blast and was so happy to get out in her stroller. The weather was just perfect and it was a nice way to wind down after a week of visitors. 
Today is our first official "on our own" day. Andrew is working a full day and the girls and I are going to hang around the house. I think we might just have a lazy one. We might go to the library. 
I'm healing up well and feeling great. Up until last night I was having a pretty major problem with the very end of my stitches and it was starting to look a little icky. It turns out that the knot and loop at the end just hadn't dissolved and it was starting to get pretty infected. So I decided to be brave and use my tweezers for good. I pulled the knot out and snipped it off, and today there is no swelling, no drainage and just a little bit of pink left. Whew. I was starting to really worry. It looks like I won't have to drive three hours to see my surgeon and the last of me healing is just about done! I don't think I'll even have a scar this time around. With Lucy it was really purple for a long time, but so far I have no coloring on my incision at all, so I think it's going to disappear shortly. 
Things with Andrew are going well. I think most people are up on our family news, so I'm not going to post the details on the internet. Just to update, things are moving along and we should have something to announce in the next few weeks or so. Thank you so much for your prayers and thoughts as we sort out out next step! Being married to Andrew is nothing if not an adventure! 
Well, I'm going to find some breakfast. Lucy just realized I'm not watching Sid with her, so my minutes are limited. I'll try to get some pictures today!


Here are some pictures of the girls playing after our walk last night!




My new favorite pic of our Mouse. She's just getting cuter by the day!

2 comments:

SpunkyToes said...

Adorable photos and glad you are doing well. Good luck on the next adventure - whatever that might me.

Anonymous said...

Is it just me, or is Molly's hair starting to look redder??