11 August 2010

oh the joys...

I could seriously listen to her talk all day. Even if you just say "uh huh" or "Oh? Is that right?" she will go on and on and on and on and on. She invited the girl at Cabelas home for dinner. She told her we were having pizza and chocolate milk! I'm sure the aisle clerk in the fishing section was flattered but she declined. I may regret encouraging Lucy to be more outgoing and less shy around grown-ups!!

Driving back from Cabelas...

Lu: "We seed a lot of houses today"
A: "I heard! Mommy said you were a big, nice girl all day! Did you like the houses? Do you want to buy a house?"
Lu: "Daddy, You cannot BUY a HOUSE daddy. They're too big!"
A: "Oh, okay. What do you look for in a house?"
Lu: "Welllll, you look for Molly. And you need beds. The white house did not have beds. We can NOT BUY a HOUSE without BEDS!"
A: "Hmm... You're right. Molly... and beds. What else do we need in a house?"
Lu: "It needs drawers. Lots and lots of drawers. And the lights need to be on."

A few miles later and hundred million words out of her mouth later,

A: "Don't pick your nose your finger will get stuck."
Lu: "I was getting the cookie out of it"

She withdrew her stubby little finger and had remenants of chocolate cookie on her finger. I cannot argue with that one... A few more miles (and millions of phrases) later,

A: "Don't stick your finger up your nose, it'll get stuck"
L: "No it won't. They're small and the hole is very big enough. See?"

I witness the classy demonstration in the rear view mirror. In her defense, she's right. She has small fingers :-)

A: "Well, you're right.", I admit sheepishly, "But it's really really gross and yucky. Moreover, Mommy and Daddy ask you not to do it."
Lu: Chuckling condescendingly, "Daaaadddddddddy," giggles some more, "it's a process."

I kid you not. I heard that phrase. Where'd THAT one come from? She continued...

Lu: "See? You stick it in and you pull it out quick-i-ly (how she's said "quickly" for the last ~5 months, still SUPER cute) and then you wipe it on your legs and you repeat the process."

I heard "it's a process" and "repeat the process" in the same night and in appropriate context! Granted, I'd be more proud if she wasn't explaining picking her nose, but hey, it's a new phrase so I'll celebrate it!!! Sigh, but that will be enough new phrases for this year. She can stop now and I'd be okay! Where'd my little girl go??? :-/ I feel like knowing the word "process" makes her ready for college! :-/  
 Love Dad. 

1 comment:

LB said...

Literally laughing out loud. LOVE IT!! Especially the "process". She's such a smart little girl, and I know she and Molly will thrive under her parents' guidance and support. I can't wait to see their journey!