25 August 2010

Movin' on up.

How badly do I not want to move? I don't think there are even words...but alas. The choices of our landlord have made it impossible to stay.
Let me list the reasons we've moved over the past 4 years.

Grad school
Baby
Growing baby - need more space
Another baby - need even more space
Had a "feeling"
Feeling was right
Landlord stopped paying the mortgage

We thought this was a 2-year lease. I still don't know what it's like to live somewhere for 2 years. The last time that happened was...1999-2001.

Lucy is confused and it's breaking my heart to tell her, "well, we're putting it in a box so we can take it to a new house..." I keep trying to tell myself that Lucy has had more stability in her young life than most kids ever get. Having me home from day 1 has set her up for confidence and ease where these transitions are concerned. But it doesn't make me feel better when I think about what she must be feeling as her books and toys go back into boxes. Molly's too young to care, and for that I'm truly grateful.
I told Andrew tonight that when we buy, i only want it to be because we've built a new home that feels like ours from the very start. I'm so tired of decorating somebody else's house. :-( I keep telling myself that my house is such a small matter compared to everything else. But it just makes ms so sad to once again put our things away and once again rent a truck and once again unpack on the other side. What hurts the most is being forced out when we're so blissfully happy in this wonderful house.
The new house is about 15 minutes from here, and about 8 minutes from Andrew's office. We're very excited about that part! It's also MUCH closer to our Church, our friends and my OB, which will be great if a) the time comes for another baby or b) we find out that it's more difficult than we thought to carry to term.
The house is the same size as this one, if not a tad bigger. All on one level, so we don't yet have to worry about Holy Molly and stairs. The lot is smaller, but we'll be in a master-planned community with parks, trails and pools, so I'm not worried.
Lucy and Molly MAY be sharing a room/bed after we move, depending on how they do on our trip to MD next week. If it's a total disaster...well...that's why we insisted on 4 bedrooms!

- Posted with love from my iPhone

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post. If you want more free visitors to your blog click here


Please visit my blog also "Celebrities Around the World"

Lisa Marie said...

I'm sorry you guys have to move out of that beautiful home... but happy you've found another one that I KNOW you'll make just as beautiful! You're all together and that's all that matters. Lucy will feel like Christmas opening up all those boxes soon! She'll forget all about it and won't blink an eye. Kids are much better adjusters than we are :) Hang in there, it'll all be great. God's got ya! ;) Love and Prayers are with you!